How To Maintain Color-Treated Locks?
For Your Colored Hair
Experimenting with hair dye color is always fun. Who doesn’t love a little bit of color? The tricky part is maintaining the color and texture of your hair, while keeping it blonde, brunette or even bold blue!
1) Wait to wash! Wait before you wash your hair after the color is applied and washed out by at least 48 hours before you resume your normal shampooing ritual.
2) Don’t over-wash. Over washing your hair can strip it of natural oils. These are essential to keep your hair in best condition. So as much as you can, avoid the hot steamy daily showers, as relaxing as they can be.
3) Say NO to Sulfates. Avoid shampoos with sulfates and styling products with alcohol. Sulfates and alcohol based products are two MAJOR things that will fade any hair color. If you’re already experiencing fading, try a color depositing shampoo. They contain small amounts of dye to revive color and cover grays that have started to show. You’ve probably seen them around the market. Make sure to pick the color that suits your new hair! We highly recommend John Masters LAVENDER ROSEMARY SHAMPOO. Perfect for colored hair.
4) Mix some color into your conditioner. If you add hair dye to your conditioner you’ll be depositing a little bit of color every time you condition. This only applies if your hair is a solid color, or a mix of the same colors in different shades obviously. This is also a great idea because you’re able to leave conditioner in your hair for longer without running the risk of fading it. Try SEXY HAIR REINVENT COLOR CARE CONDITIONER and you won’t regret it!
5) Avoid heat styling. Use a frizz heat styling spray so when you color, the protective cuticle layer surrounding each individual strand gets stripped away so the dye can penetrate.
And there you have it. You’re 5 steps closer to healthier colored hair, ladies!
This season, it’s all about recreating celebrity looks! Ever watched an actress or singer on camera and thought “I wish I looked like that”? We’re here to help. We’ve compiled a few must have beauty products from our favorite A-list celebs. Check it out!
1) Looking for that smoky-eyed Kim Kardashian look? Guess what she uses, ladies? Apparently, keeping up with Kim means wearing long lasting eyeliner. BARE MINERALS LASTING LINE LONGWEARING EY ELINER is a must try.
2) Nothing says SWAG quite like Rihanna, when asked what she carries in her bag, the fabulous pop star admitted to never leaving her house without a maroon shade of nail polish and long lash mascara. What do we think, ladies? The BARE MINERALS LASH DOMINATION™ VOLUMIZING MASCARA.
3) Truly bringing meaning to fabulous at forty, Jennifer Lopez swears by Sun Advanced Sunscreen for both her and her adorable twins (Max & Emma).Try DERMALOGICA OIL FREE MATTE BLOCK SPF 30.
4) Being on the road for tour can’t be easy! Selena Gomez uses face wash & lotion to keep her pores clean after a big show with heavy make-up. Try DECLEOR 3 IN 1 HYDRA RADIANCE SMOOTHING AND CLEANSING MOUSSE.
5) Jennifer Hudson and Reese Witherspoon both use skin protection gel. The results? Apparently, it’s like “Photoshop for your face”. How awesome is THAT? Try CELLEX-C SKIN HYDRATION COMPLEX GE L.
6) Believe it or not, sexy celebrity and Cat woman, as we all love and know her as, Halle Berry swears by her nude lip gloss over a skin colored lipstick to down-play the glamor when your eye make-up is a bit heavy! JANE IREDALE PUREGLOSS LIP GLOSS ICED MOCHA is a must try!